Monday 12 August 2013

Bound Love, a Death Kiss


Authors note: This is an extract taken out from my novel to be and I hope to get however many notes; replies; feedback from my readers as they think of...

Prologue

Death. Not many people think, I mean really think who they would want to "be with" or how they would want to "be like", when "they're soul" leaves to join with the one who created all of mankind and beyond. I didn't know anything about death until I began to study philosophy. That was how I learned the truth about Descartes. I'd always thought there should be some meaning behind existence and I mean there is, as many people have different beliefs, even the atheists but me, well even though I believe something myself; im looking for something that proves everything with  one swift notion- so far no so great as I get confused between the latest and the earlier; the living and the death ( that's another thing to talk about- the undead and how all these myths have been created, heightened through the modern day authors and film producers- well talk about this in more detail some other time)

My mother used to tell me that matter was neither created nor destroyed, only transferred. (etm=mc squared) she was filled with old stories and more importantly, theories which she would make me recite back to her, as if she were telling me something about the world but couldn't find the right words. I never gave much thought until she and my father were both killed, but by then it was too late to ask what it had all meant. It wasn't until I enrolled at "Vermont academy" that I began to make sense of who I was fated to become. But first, let me tell you about the strange circumstances surrounding the deaths of my parents, because it was their deaths that set and led off to where I am now.
And because if there's one thing I've learned from my first year at Vermont academy is that sometimes you have to look back in order to understand the things that lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment